Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Welcome?

Upon welcoming myself to the blogger, I still haven't been able to figure out what to write about. I thought about attempting to be funny, but if you knew my sense of humor, it's not that funny and it's not worth listening to. I try. With not much success.

Either way, to tell you a little bit about myself and the creation that is Silly Goose...Silly Goose is obviously not my real name. Silly Goose is my daughter's nick name and a name that my husband and I decided would be perfect for things that I like to do...as most of it is for my little girl. Perfect. I enjoy crafting and art, but most of all, I enjoy yarn crafts. I love to crochet and I dabble in knitting. Crocheting was something that I taught myself how to do and is an amazing stress reliever. I actually never really bought my first "Crochet for dummies" until a year ago, when I decided it was time to actually LEARN what I was trying to do. Since then, things have just kind of taken off. I do a bit of crocheting every night to get a little bit of relaxation after work. My job is stressful, as most jobs are, and this makes me drift away with each yarn over, single crochet, or any sort of stitch that I decide to put in my work. A lot of my things are not based on patterns, but things that I made myself and designed myself. If I use a pattern, it's only because I don't know how to do a specific thing on an item that I want to make. As soon as I learn that technique, watchin out, that pattern is going to be altered, or even scrapped all together as I am going to make someone of my own with it.

In any mess, I guess, I welcome myself, yet again, to the world of Silly Goose Crafts. And to those who are reading this, feel free to use my patterns that I post on here. I ask that you don't sell my pattern and if you use my pattern to make something, just reference me and where you got it from. Sell what ever you make using the pattern. But, that pattern, IS MINE. We pattern makers put a lot of effort into making that pattern, writing that pattern out and testing it.

Also, feel free to ask me if you have questions. :-)

Silly Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment